Inserting album images using an iPad?

Essjay

Just wondering if someone using an iPad can help, as I've not got a lot of hair left to pull out!

I'm trying to insert an album photo below a small line of text, except the photo is insisting on placing itself above the text, even if I position the curser below the line?

I also notice that if I try to insert any "smiley" at the end of any text, that will also jump to the beginning.

I've tried just about everything, but before I give up completely, I thought I'd ask.

Steve

Advert

devilI'm suffering exactly the same problems on my ipad 2, but I was ok prior to installing IOS 7. This upgrade has even sabotaged my iPhone 4 which is really slow and glitchy now. The screen locks and the thing even switches itself off from time to time. I'm well hacked off!

I think it's a deliberate ploy by Apple to get people to buy their latest products.

BTW, the 'evil' smilie should be after the last sentence!

Just out of curiosity I thought I'd try the emoticon keyboard on the iPad rather than the ones built into the reply box:

😄😃😀😊☺️😉😍😘😚😱😈💤👍👎

Steve

edit: well that seems to be the way to get round it 👍, well for the "smilies" at least

Edited By Essjay on 16/11/2013 17:53:49

Edited By Essjay on 16/11/2013 17:56:40

I knew it was too good to be true. There's only one solution, you'll all have to use iPads from now on............only joking! (I'd use an emoticon but you wouldn't see it anyway).

I do find it mighty strange that of all the forums I frequent, and there's a few, this one has continued to be the only one that constantly shows an aversion to Apple products.

Steve (colon, left parenthesis)

Posted by Essjay on 16/11/2013 20:38:48:

this one has continued to be the only one that constantly shows an aversion to Apple products.

I wouldn't necessarily consider that to be a negative quality, Essjay......wink 2

Pete

ps just seen your post - more likely it pre-dates anything that isn't a PCteeth 2

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 16/11/2013 21:22:16

You mean there are things other than PC's? wink 2

BEB (including a smiley - because he can!)

PS I have the solution!!! Its just come to me - decide on all the emotions you're going to have during a post, then put them all in first. Then you can insert the text around them! Brilliant! Who said Mods can't think laterally!

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 16/11/2013 21:20:49:

Posted by Essjay on 16/11/2013 20:38:48:

this one has continued to be the only one that constantly shows an aversion to Apple products.

I wouldn't necessarily consider that to be a negative quality, Essjay......wink 2

Pete

ps just seen your post - more likely it pre-dates anything that isn't a PCteeth 2

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 16/11/2013 21:22:16

I reckon you've nailed the reason there Pete

Having written the bit I want, i then hit the return key to go to next line

then insert image from album icon and select the image

image.jpg

Then click below the image and hit return again to start typing next line below!

i have to admit that I sometimes have issues when adding emoticon and it does sometimes jump to beginning, but I delete it from there and just click back to where I want it and normally it goes in correctly second time!

wink