Moving up

PIlot Error 2

Hi all,

can anyone suggest a good artf low wing sports trainer to follow on from a trainer.

I have been flying my hanger9 Alpha 40 for about 8 months and seem to got the hang of it now.

i also have been flying an electric hawk 1500 for about a year and can do loops ,rolls etc ..

i thought it may be time to move onto a low wing plane now...

I have been teaching myself as where I live there are no clubs .

All the best

Edited By PIlot Error 2 on 29/11/2013 17:10:51

Advert

2nd vote for the Calmato sports. A lovely flying plane- no real vices, nice and aerobatic if the mood takes. In a pique of rashness I dumped my Calmato and changed to a BH Super Air- a backwards step....

The only bad thing with the Calmato is the sticker adhesive is quite gentle so they tend to undress themselves in flight. Going over the plane with a covering iron or painting the edges with the stuff from Solarfilm might help prevent lifting- can't remember the name of it for the life of me though

Lots of great suggestions there. Acro-Wot certainly a good candidate. Speed-Air, and its mate the Travel-air (if its still available?) are also great first low wingers.

One that hasn't been mentioned - but which is an excellent first low winger - is the Pulse XT40. A bit older now, and it can be a bit pricey, but still an excellent flier and great quality model - a pleasure to put together and fly!

BEB

Thanks Guys,

As ever good advice.

I'll go through this list and have a look on the internet (I think that's my wife's Christmas present to me this year sorted).

Thanks Ben for the advice..i have the same problem with the Hanger9 with the sticker adhesive coming loose.ive put a little Balsaloc around the edges and although its not as neat as I would like at least it stops it peeling.

I haven't taken my A certificate as I live abroad and we don't have anything like that here. May do it if we re-locate back to the UK though.

all the best

PE2 (PAUL)