Sticky problem

Hi, I'm just building my very first plane from plans and have a bit of a sticky problem.  My local hobby shop recommended cling film to protect the plans and stop they cyno sticking the plane to the plan.  It didn't work as I expected and I ended up with a rudder nicely covered on one side with cling film. 

What do others use to prevent their models sticking to the plans?

Advert

• 1 month later...

This is a bit late in this topic, but I agree with Eric on the use of backing sheet - very useful and effective.

I'd sound a note of caution over the use of photocopying. Unless you have access to a very good copier, it's more than likely that the copy will not be accurate in length and/or width. I've found this out the hard way with more than one photocopier. Make sure you check carefully!

Hugh

I use industrial cling film, the stuff that is used to wrap pallets. The film is thicker and has so much plasticiser in it that it feels greasy to touch. Although it is not my preferred adhesive, when i have used cyano it has come away from the film OK.

You can get the wrapping film from Staples or other industrial outlets.

Hi all, just bought my first tubes of UHU por glue for use with Depron, never used it before and all the writing on the boxes and tubes is in German.

Can anyone please assist as to how to use it, is it like Evostick etc. Glueing two wing sheets together do you have to cover all the surfaces or just in spots dotted about.