17x12x3 blade prop

Kev Greenwood

Im looking for a 17x12x3 blade prop to fit on my Axi 5325-16 motor to power my Blackhorse Sea Fury. I was running it with a Scorpion motor but after 8 flights, i think the motor wanted to destroy itself!!!

Can some one recommend somewhere in the UK where i can get some 3 blade props from, I have looked on the net, but cant find what im looking for.

Kev

Advert

Have you tryed xoar prop realy good props and a huge range are51 does them and list there three blade range. i have used their wwii and oldtimer ones.

http://www.area51-distribution.com/propellers/xoar-wood-propellers/gas-glow-props-wood/pji-three-blades-beechwood

i found a Biela 3 blade 18x10 prop, will go over amps a bit but i can throttle it back with the tranny.......its a scale carbon prop im going to fit a Axi 3525\16 goldline motor, should give me just over 1700 watts of power @85 from a 6s battery.....lets hope it lasts longer than the scorpion motor!!!!!

I think i found out what could be part of the killing of the front bearing in the scorpion motor, the nut that holds the prop on was out of round. The hole was offset by miles....i dont know how i missed it, but this threw my alloy spinner out quite a bit (i just thought it was a cheap hobbyking spinner) but after i put a decent nut on, the spinner adapter nut did wobble at all. Unless I was unlucky and bought a friday afternoon motor!!!!!

Kev

Edited By Kev Greenwood on 09/12/2013 16:43:33