Brian Taylor Plans

Advert

Quote "Any body else want to come out?"

I have six X-Twins...........

THERE, I feel better now............... ;-))

This forum desperately needs smilies, insert pictures, remote links, etc...then I could see what is being talked of and what's being achieved/built........something like:-

http://forums.uktrainsim.com/index.php

A nice big electric powered Tempest V sounds really attractive, but not before the Sea Fury......

Yes, there's another one with a Sea Fury fetish................

Ah, No 5 X-Twin has charged up, got to go........

Hi Dave,
Couldn't agree more about the smileys etc, they are great for conveying the mood in which a post is typed in this text world we are trying to av a laugh in :), stops pepole getting the wrong end of the stick so to speak.

Walts

It desperately needs "last in" posts at top, too, my scroll wheels wearing out already!!

Prosynth?..........I have a Yamaha Synth........it doesn't smell as far as I know....but it does make some awful noises.

I'm no better at Music than Flying....

That's why I like the Tempest and the Sea Fury, they LOOK like they can take punishment (and they did)

SEE, kept it on topic...just.......

No knowledge of X-Twins?? Errr, have you been away......did HM make you an offer you could not refuse?? :-))

I use them for a club for 11 year olds.......the next generation of flyers.......modified so the TX gives steering thrust on the right stick, they are nothing short of brilliant.

Got them for £15 each in the great Maplins giveaway, an absolute steal.......great fun.......

Glad to see you had the courage to come out Dave!

....and as for the Sea Fury fetish, don't start me off down that road! If ever there was a phallic symbol of an aircraft, then the SF was the one!

I need to go and lie down for a little while......

Danny. Bob Holman does not have any (small)Tempest V plans left either. I believe that Dennis Bryant does one so I am trying to find contact details for him.

Dont know if this helps or not, but I came across the following website yesterday - www.belairkits.com - On it are listed several BT kits (formers etc not full kit) along with several other top designers. I didnt check for plans but the prices are in English pounds so I guess it might be worth having a look there.
I emailed them yesterday afternoon around 5 or 6pm and had a reply from them within a couple of hours.

Oh yes, nice one Antony, I forgot about Belair kit cutters. They do show the Tempest MK5 on their site but the discription is wrong and there doesn't appear to be a link suggesting they sell the plan like with some of the other designs. If BT has discontinued this plan then you need to find some one who can sell the whole package, as getting hold of the cowl well be a major problem as well. Unless you fancy making your own plug.
I think Dennis Bryant only done the Tiffy with the bubble top canopy, I'll have a search around for other designers to see whats available.

Walts

Peter,
Have a look here, plenty of designs with info on all of them. I quite like the Ian Baily design. It's bigger than the BT one with a wing span of 77" But is available as plan, FG Cowl, wing fairrings spinner & canopy. It's another older design so you will have to contact him to see if it is still available, but his web page is still live so there is a good chance.

http://www.hawkertempest.se/rcmodel.htm

Cheers Walts

Cor, thanks guys!

I've been away for a couple of days, so I lost the thread, but I'll certainly follow up the leads and report back.

It is a bit strange that all the suppliers seem to be discontinuing the Tiffy, when the 'pick your plane' thread on here has it as the most popular choice!

Hmmmm....Sounds like a cue for Mr Nijhuis.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I've spoken to BT. He doesn't seem to keen on trying to solve this problem. His advice to me was to make my own moulds. I would have purchased a BT plan etc but now I'll have to go a different route. I've spoken to Bel-Air Models. They are in the process of producing their own Mossi with all the cowls and canopies etc along with a full laser cut kit. Should be around late Feb early March. It’s slightly bigger than the BT version designed for twin OS 70s.

Hi Adrian, its a shame that Brian has taken that attitude. I know he was fairly upset at copies of his plans being sold on EBay, for which he was getting no royalties. I heard this was what prompted him not to release drawings of his more recent projetcs. I can understand his frustrations.

I am surprised that somebody like Bob Holman has not taken up the gauntlet as he stands to lose potential plan/laser cut parts sales as a result? I for one have never dabbled in vac forming, and though the principle is pretty straightforward, perfecting the technique is far from easy. The cowls are probably the easier to reproduce, but why would one go to the trouble to create molds unless you wanted to produce several??

I, like you, will take a look at the BelAir kit of parts. Maybe I should pull molds from my BT Hurricane cowl and canopy parts before I cut them????

Danny

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have really enjoyed reading all the threads I found them researching my new project a Hawker Hurricane I cannot wait to start and I am now literally going to order it now.

Brian Taylor for the plan but who and how much to get in a laser cut???? more research required what do you chaps think!

All the best in the New Year Paul

Hi Paul, my Hurricane laser cut parts came from Bob Holman in the States excellent service. Not sure the price is quite so attractive as it was when I bought mine however due to the exchange rate.

I am currently building the BT P-51 again from Bob, with cowls, spinner etc from Traplet again great service but measure the canopy as they shipped the wrong size one to me, they corrected the problem with no questions what so ever

I am using Unitracts mechanicals for the P-51 and they are really beautifully made, the damped oleos are really nice.

Good luck

Danny