servo recommendations

I have recently come by a Wot4 xl kit. I am now ready to fit the radio gear and wondering what servos to fit. I am thinking that a standard size is o.k. for the throttle but maybe something more substantial for the control surfaces, the fitted servo tray is sized for standard ones.

Any advice would be welcome as I am aware that it is a slightly larger than normal model.

Regards

Mike😀😀

Advert

Posted by Victor Saliba on 17/12/2013 17:29:55:

Dave, I don't think you have the XL version, the XL (Extra Large) is a 90 - 120 size model, not the 52-58" version so Michael needs servos with minimum of 6kg torque. I use the S3305 which have 9kg toque, standard size with metal gears.

Sorry missed that bit; thought it was his shirt size. You are quite right however more powerful servos are required except for the throttle.

I don't know if this is of any use to anyone but a fellow club member gave me this servo calculator which I hope works as I have never done this googledocs thing before (thanks to PeteB for putting me onto googledocs)

It is a servo calculator and would appreciate any thoughts on it and if it will help.

**LINK**

Regards

Bandit