Flair Fokker DVII

Now exhaust flange nuts and I'm finished with the dummy. I need to clear the back engine bay for the decompression valve. Then on to the ammo belt guides and machine gun mounting. I plan on forming a piece of .015 styrene to cover the open areas after the gun install.

I've decide to stay with the nitro engine because I'm to far into the build to modify it for easy access for a LiPo battery.

img_0067.jpgimg_0064.jpg

The only parts from the AZM kit are the exhaust flanges and intake flange nuts. I know I could've made them but I may as well use what I can of the crap kit. Everything else is strene tubes and sheet, and plywood from my local hobby. Even the nuts are hex styrene rod. The springs came from work. smiley

Edited By Bob Hayes on 16/02/2015 20:31:15

Edited By Bob Hayes on 16/02/2015 20:33:02

Posted by Bob Hayes on 21/02/2015 01:15:01:

OK.....So I'm trying to figure out the ammo box I got from AZM. What a joke! I tossed the entire kit in the trash. I'm making my own. Here goes another week. AZM will no longer reply to my emails. I was ready to pull the trigger on a 1/4 DVII from him but after this crap, no way.

Is it possible you could supply a photo or two of what AZM did right or did wrong? Obviously it is not good for them to have adverse criticism without it being a little constructive as well.

For starters .......here's a 1/6 scale $99 engine kit. No comparison with the 1/4 scale dummy I bought from Proctor for $89. See any difference in the two dowels supplied. Those are suppose to be the cylinder heads. I had to have the instruction sheet scanned and enlarged to make it somewhat readable. Want to by it? I'll sell it for $50 shipped. It's only missing exhaust flanges and intake nuts. Those are easy enough to make.

The $40 ammo box was just as much of a joke. The words on the instruction sheet are just ink blotches. Sorry, no pics of that....yet.

Now I pray that the lozenge I bought from him has glue on it.

img_0005.jpgimg_0002.jpg

Looks absolutely superb. If you have access to the Kagero book about the Fokker DVII it has some brilliant close ups of the cockpit detail for each variant of the ac, and lots of views of the detail on forward upper fuselage (oil tank and fuel tank filler caps, fuel contents gauge etc). If you can't get it, I can photograph couple of relevant pages for you. May be short delay, however, as am away for next 10 days with work. Still think the engine and weathered guns really set this off as a scale rendition. My progress is soooooooh slow by comparison.

Thank you Harrier Mate. Your progress is slow? I'm going into year two! I did the framing and covered the fuse last winter. Summer comes and the breaks go on. I took up working on her again in the Fall. You guys on this thread are responsible for my detailing but I am really enjoying it. I took last Friday off from work to keep working on it. The problem is I have to stop researching the DVII. Every time I do I see something else to add. I had the gun sight in mind and now I have to do the fuel and oil caps!

The sad part is I have two wing to cover and they just sit. Covering is no fun and I seem to be procrastinating. wink

Edited By Bob Hayes on 01/03/2015 12:57:38