Flair Fokker DVII

Advert

First amendment to plan..... have turned some 3mm square hardwood strip into triangular section and attached to trailing edge of tailplane to allow elevator leading edge to be shielded rather than butt joined. Should look more scale hinge line and adds strength to tailplane. Photo to follow when iPhone charges!!!

When I got my DVII, it was all built, with tail covered. However I needed to cover the fuselage and wings, heavily modify the front end for the Laser, and install dual servos in the upper wing, plus spray her up. The ones installed were glued in. Yep GLUED in.

All that for £90, delivered. Result. Plus it had all hardware inc. wheels and flair lozenge fabric - I think I sold that on after copying the design!

The real aircraft has a shielded elevator hinge line, employing a hardwood section routed and clamped to fit the metal tubed trailing edge of the tailplane and radiused to the same diameter as the elevator leading edge. I decided not to use tubing as it won't be seen when covered but otherwise satisfied that its pretty scale to blend the hige line with hardwood. wink

You guys were correct about making my own engine. I was totally screw'd buying the Arizona models 1/6 scratch builders kit. For $99 I'll have rockers and rocker arms. 90% of the kit you wouldn't use if you only want the top end. You need a magnifying glass to read the instructions and the hardwood cylinders differ by a good 1/16" on the diameters.

I'm going to scan the AZ drawing at work and enlarge it. It should be a good reference.

Yup, I'll be buying balsa and styrene to make my own. I already bought a bag of pens at the $1 store for the lifter springs.wink

Stay tuned.........merc1801.jpg

My engine bay is slightly deeper than yours. I'll have about 1/2" of cylinders at bottom. I'm building all 6 cylinders but I'll be clearing out under the front end like you did for my OS 70 surpass. I'm also doing the earlier exhaust with the two pipes coming out the right side. I guess it took me annoyed to make my own but I must say I'm enjoying it.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 11/02/2015 21:40:04