Innovv C1 HD 1080 mini DV Action camera

Advert

I think YouTube and Vimeo will degrade a clip, but I just uploaded a clip to this Skydrive.

It says view only, but I'll try and change the setting to download. It's 110 mb and about a minute. Not the latest firmware unfortunately which I only put on today. Shows the shaprness anyway. The developers are working on the slight blue hue, it's better with latest firmware with saturation set high, but I only have 720 clips with new firmware **LINK**

or maybe you can download from my Google docs?  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwcJziepTVEpUEpGVVdlVXRDWjQ/edit?usp=sharing

If you find the footage is jumping on playback it's more likely your pc as the footage doesn't have missing frames. You need a good graphics cards to play 1080.

Edited By Bob Moore on 28/12/2013 22:18:54

Edited By Bob Moore on 28/12/2013 22:21:38

That's a mystery to me as I'm in touch with the developers and they do not have a UK distributor as such. They must just be buying a few cameras and selling them on at a small profit. $69 on Innovv site is £42 sterling, and Webbex are selling at £60. Quicker delivery is promised though.

Hi Bob, enjoyed the video, thanks for that. It's an impressive little camera.

Hope you don't mind if I go off topic a little and sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm playing around with a camera at the moment that doesn't have a stated quality other than 'frame rate 60fps'. That seems pretty high to me and the quality looks to be pretty good too. Can you equate a certain given frame rate to a particular quality level ie. 720p?

60 fps at 720 is most useful if you want to use slow motion footage, as it will be less jerky. But apart from that it's pretty meaningless. One measure of quality can be the data rate, though at the end of the day, as with still cameras that boast 5 megapixel pictures, etc. it can only be as good as the lense allows.

Data rates can be an indication? The data rates for the Innovv are about 13 Kbs at 720 and 15 Kbs at 1080. The angle of view is the same at either (some cameras give a smaller angle of view to change from 1080 to 720.) But with a rubbish lense, it's also meaningless! Big data rates mean the camera is capturing a lot of information but it also fills the memory card up quicker relative the time of video. Roughly 4 gb's for 40 mins recording time.

The Innovv does have some issues with 720 60 fps as do a lot of these small cameras, in some duplicated frames, not that you'd notice watching the video.

My old key chain cams , HD type 16 had data rates more like 6 kbs and that seemed good enough to me, as I say, it all comes down to lenses. Is the image sharp right across the frame and to the egdes. From that point of view I think the Innovv is good. They are still sorting out a couple of little firmware bugs, but it's pretty good.

Webbex have been confirmed as official UK distributor. Bit quicker delivery, but more expensive than buying from China. The choice is yours.

Edited By Bob Moore on 09/01/2014 12:28:55

• 1 month later...

Hi Bob

My Innovv C1 arrived last week (the first one got lost between here and China

Any I'm really impressed - better all round to to my old #16 keyfob cam.

A quick flight before work this morning, as the sun was shining here Needs to be HD and full screen. Spot the pigeon "wondering what the heck is that?" in the tree.

The weekend is looking good for flying, so there may be more footage!

Edited By Mart49 on 05/03/2014 10:37:23