Supra Fly 45

Fantastic! A new classic pattern forum! Great to also see that you have the UKCAA going.

Jim, thanks for the link.

Steve,

outstanding build and finish. You seem to have captured the lines of the SF perfectly as well as the original trim scheme and font in your vinyl work.

I have long been a fan of Hanno's designs and have a weak spot in particular for his last F3A entry - the Mystic. I have built two Mystics in their OK Model 30 size version (one electric, one OS 32 SX powered) and have done some design work in order to reproduce that kit with plug-in foam core wings. The cowl mold is done, a backup canopy is ready for plug production (we have a great fellow down in the US who does this sort of work) and the wing design is done. The main thing missing is finishing up the fuse design which will no longer have a wing saddle cut and instead will have a removable top deck and canopy section. The idea was to make the model well suited to either side exhaust, rear exhaust 2-strokes or electric power (builders choice). Naturally, the next step would be to re-produce a 60 size version for an OS Hanno that I have been saving for such project. Problem is, the lack of adequate information on Hanno's original 60 size.

Without wanting to detour your great build thread too much, I have a great interest in all 25-32 size classics including those originally kitted by MK in Japan as well as the Hanno designs licenced to OK Model, also in Japan. I'd like to reproduce 8 MK kits and 6 of Hanno's F3A entries including the Magic, Calypso, Supra Fly, Supra Star, Mystic and Sensation. The Super Sicroly and Curare should be included as well but the project is too large in scope as it is so compromised have to be made. Needless to say, this is a lifetime long project and what and when will come true remains to be seen.

Glad to have come across your forum fellas.

David

• 4 weeks later...

Just read David Oxilia's post above.

Most people reading this will be aware that I am also a lover of the 25 sized classic F3A's.

Personally, I would love to see an event or formal adoption of this size model. Many of the modern 25 sized engines (off the shelf) have almost a comparable performance to the 40's of the 1970's. Model sizes do not have to be tiny but they are very cheap to build and fly.Just keep the mass down to about 3lbs..

Martyn

• 2 months later...