DX4e stuck in a drawer?

I have a small project that I want to give a try, which needs a Spektrum DX4e transmitter.

I know I can buy one brand new.
But I also know that these do sometimes come packaged with ready to fly models. The buyers of these, often upgrade transmitters pretty quickly and are left with the basic unit, surplus to requirements.

So, if it's in our mutual interest, I'd be keen to buy one if there's a saving for me over buying new on line.

Advert

I don't know what your project is, but I have a DX6i surplus to requirements. the downside is that the radio is rather suspect - I've had several crashed models as a result of loss of control. I believe it's a known fault, but I haven't had any luck getting a replacement from the seller, so it's just being used for sim's at the moment

if that's any use to you let me know. bit of a long shot I know, but thought I'd give you the option

Hi Phil - alas no, this is something very modern. Which I'll write up here if all goes to plan.

Andy - thanks, I'll keep that in mind, but I need it working and fully reliable.
If I were you, I'd phone Horizon hobbies and arrange to send it back for testing. The service is always very good and I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being charged.

Phil yes, it's the RF module I'm after. Although the remainder will make a good buddy box or sim Tx.

It may even be useful to make the handle end of a 4ch control line system.

I have my eye on that ebay item ta, although with postage, it will be very close to the price of a brand new one if it goes up much more, so then I'd rather go that way.