pegasus models hurricane

john melia 1

Advert

I built one many years ago. I've passed it on now, but it's still going.

Fairly straight forward to build, if I remember. I used well supported blue Sullivan snakes for the elevator and rudder control, mounting the servos under the cockpit area, and also put one in for the modified steerable tail wheel that I installed. I also fitted electric retracts.

Flew/flies well on a Supre Tiger 90. ( I got Just Engines to make me a suitable in-cowl silencer).

first impressions are good john , timber seems good quality , the cnc cut parts are spot on , I ordered the glass fibre cowl , so I have the original, plastic one as a spare . Only thing is I wish they had catered for is wing fairings , its mentioned in the instructions , and they are shown on the plan , the recommend 1/16 th light ply if you want to make them .

I'm thinking of retracts , but not had any experience fitting them , what size would I go for for this model . the wings are foam core . I'll report more as I proceed

Edited By john melia 1 on 28/01/2014 17:35:23

Hi John,

I'm a fan of Pegasus Models kits having built a few which all flew very well including Jester bipe, Wizard, Magician and unbuilt Wasp, Twin Hornet and Foxjet.

I will be I will be watching your build, you are doing a build blog?

Although in my experience of the kits they sometimes underestimate their engine requirements usually needing the biggest or larger than stated. Try to build the kit as light as possible.

Tony

Edited By Tony H on 29/01/2014 09:11:55

ok as previously mentioned the wings are foam core obichi skinned , I've been looking at the plan and although it shows the wing , it doesnt show any wheel wells or posistion thereof .

so how do I figure out where to construct the wheel wells , and how would I reinforce that particular area . Fitting retracts is new to me so I'm a bit lost .