Walkera QRX350 using DX6i

Dave Mellors

Instructions with kit are a bit sketchy. The DX6i doesn't have a 3 position switch, so does anybody know which function is lost and which position the gear and mix switches should be for basic flight and what happens when each is in the other position. I would prefer not to break it due to ignorance. I can do competent basic flight with micro quads and helicopters (A -cert)

Advert

• 1 month later...

I have worked it out myself. Here it is for anyone else.Dual rate & travel adjust 100%. Expo INH. Go to Mix 1 screen and set Gear to gear. Act. Rate D 0%. U -( minus)100%. SW Elev D/R. Trim INH . If you go to MONITOR screen you will see at Gear 0, elev D/R 1 ( Manual mode) arrow is at 100% left: At gear 1, elev D/R 1( hover mode) arrow is in centre : At gear 1, elev D/R 0 (return home mode) arrow is 100% right. You can use any switch as mix switch, I chose elev D/R as it is near gear switch. I did not connect Aux 2 on quad board to Aux 1 on Rx because as an RC flyer I find the IOC mode disorienting, and wanted to avoid any chance of activation. I find quad moves about a bit in hover mode, but it still responds to Tx. Do not close throttle in hover or return home mode until quad is on ground or it will fall out of sky.motors can only be restarted in manual mode. Google --Walkera QR X350 ubec -- to see Randell Lee video of low battery monitor mod. Use flight timer, quad not likely to just shut down. Lots of other videos showing setup and how to dissemble quad to fit your Rx. I like the QR X350 and now you have the settings that Century should have provided for the version without their own Tx I hope you do too.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dave Mellors here again. I have flown the QRX350 a lot over the last few weeks. It is very controllable and doesn't need any expo on the Tx around neutral. I can fly slow circuits around my 15 yard square lawn with ease. It isn't a bit twitchy. As I mentioned before I disabled the low voltage cutoff, as there have been reports of sudden shutdown from America. I usually fly 8 to 10 mins on the timer with a 2200ma lipo and the battery still shows around 3.78 volts per cell when connected to my charger and takes around 1300 to 1600 ma to charge up. I glued a bit of scrap styrene at an angle inside the body where the Rx goes to position it nicely and fed the long aerial of my 6 channel Spectrum down one of the QRXs aerial out holes and made a 5mm slit in the upper part of the body for the short aerial to poke out when the two body parts were reassembled. I am very pleased with the QRX and think it is good value for money compared with other 350 sized machines. The importers need to put in a supplementary instruction sheet with most of the info I have given in the last two postings in the basic kits without their Tx and Rx. They could have a real winner here since most proper flyers don't want a new Tx with every model they buy.

Hi Dave,

Interesting info on the Walkera. Good to know that it flies well. I've baulked at the price of the Phantom 2 and its batteries and am looking at the Walkera as a camera platform that can be packed up in a backpack.

Looking around for the 'pro' version that includes the motorised gimbal, but not having much luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a UK supplier?

Hi Tony, I saw those online reports too. I checked the soldering and everything looked ok in mine. I have had 30 or more flights and the motors are only just warm after 10 mins flight. Same for the lipo too. I guess some of these overseas flyers have just a tad more hot sun than we do in the UK. Dave Mellors

Hi, Iv a QRX 350 Pro, I have been able to adjust a lot of settings using Mission Planner, Can now unlock 6 flight modes, Can turn off the Low Battery issue, From stock settings Iv gone from 6 mins flight time to 9 mins flight using a 2200 3 cell,