Weekend 5-6 Apr

Advert

Orme for me and a few others, have only got 1 flyable model at present as HH have had all my receivers back for the quick connect upgrade, and I havent had em back yet over a week later - Posted last Friday

Mind you there's talk of snow tomorrow so I may just build instead, I really must get on with you know what

I went yesterday (friday) cos its the holidays for me

I flew my funjet and travel air. It was not too windy so both models handled the breeze quite well. I'm afraid i don't have any pics because my dad can't fly my models while I take pics, he can't use my camera while i fly and he always flies too high for me to take pics while he is flying!

And tonight i'm going too the last indoor meet of the season. i've got 2 airworthy shockies and a heli. i might take my camera and take some shots.

Well it actually turned out quite nice this morning despite the terrible forecast. I made my way to the Gt Orme for around 11 am to find the Ianski crew already braving the cold northerly wind, with their usual assortment of allsorts including 2 x Lancasters, a shooting star, hot v tail rocket shops, flying fish, wildthings and so on.....

Flying from a different spot to usual ( The Orme works best with a south westerly or southerly ) we found some very nice lift a good way out from the edge, and enjoyed bright skies with only the odd small smattering of hail.

Richard Henderson maidened his lovely P40 Warhawk ( "leading edge gliders" design of Kansas ) and I hope to have some pictures of his camera as soon as he emails them, I will post them here and in the gallery.

L/Edge Link

All in all a great session as usual....thanks to Kev and co for the scone and hot tea see you on the next one

yep the weather was kind to us on the orme / northerly wind a bit awkward   and the landing site called for a bit of thought  rocks- gorse- rocks -gorse  gorse thank god for epp / we had some good flying / around 1500hrs we had one hell of a hail storm models still in air so a rushed landing and leg it back to car (dont get tranny wet) we called it a day soon after but nice day out( timbo ate all me scones and cleared me out on coffee)   so time to go home cu all soon kev iawnski crew boss