The last time i buy a ebay Prop

scott finnie

I was working away with my twinstar bench testing with it's new 3 blade yellow (safety) prop's in place when there was a bang and one blade flew off and into my foot, i had thin sandals on that i wear in the garage and it went through them leaving a nasty hole in my foot! Luckily not too much damage more cosmetic but could have been worse, time to re consider what i wear in the garage as i wear safety goggles all the time and gloves, just never thought my feet would get hit by a awol blade, luckily it's almost stopped bleeding, time for a beer and bed, oh and never to buy cheap props again! I'll stick to master airscrew....

img_0288[1].jpg

Advert

Posted by Wiltshire Flyer on 20/02/2014 03:56:09:
Ow mate! Never mind cheap props, should have been A&E!

Yes i know i'm going to pop along to the doctor in the morning and see what he say's . I have cleaned it out with un diluted TCP and now bandaged it up, it was the second bad thing to happen today after pilot error brought down my raptor 50 heli into a weed infested pond, should have just went to bed instead of staying u tinkering

Sorry to hear of your accident Scott, just a word of advice though: TCP undiluted might very well kill any bacteria driven into your foot by the errant prop' blade, but it would probably be just as effective at the recommended dilution. Undiluted antiseptics/disinfectants can cause chemical damage (necrosis) to the tissues exposed by the cut, and some are actually more effective at standard dilution than in their concentrated form.

P.S. Hope the foot's feeling better now and you didn't get too much "Boys and their Toys" grief/ribbing either from SWMBO or down at the Medical Centre!

Hi all, i have contacted the seller on Ebay and awaiting hopefully a quick reply, i had bought 4 of these props and the other 2 are being used with an airboat, under examination there is white fatigue cracks where the blade joins the hub on all of them, the one's being tested last night where only at 75% of power it looks as if the blade has stretched before letting go in such a catastrophic manner, i will give the seller 24 hours then file a complaint to Ebay, cant have blades flying around , they are designed for high kv motors aswell, well thats what there advertised for, off to the doctors at 1030, now that its daylight it does look messy but clean, will keep you updated,