running in a petrol. and oil type

ben goodfellow  1

righty ho flyers i have got a DA 60 , now i have no experience with petrol sooooooohow long should this need running in for and how long should i be taking it canny for and what mix and oil type should i be using .like i say im an a electriflyer and been out of glow ic a while but never had petrol at all , thanks ,fly low

Advert

I've googled the DA60 and it costs the thick end of £600....

Assuming your engine is new (why would you be running it in otherwise), if you want any protection from the manufacturers warranty to fix/replace anything that may go wrong, why on earth would you take advice off some guy on the tinternet or down the pub (or the dreaded club "expert" instead of what's said in the pretty comprehensive manual?

Any damage caused by doing something different to the manual might be expensive if the purchase price is a clue to spares prices.

The book covers everything you asked about wink

Just to add my 2 pence worth.

Beware of taking "experts" advice down at the field - There are many many different makes of petrol engines and many of them specify different methods of breaking a new engine in...

Different petrol - oil ratios

Different lengths of time

Different props

Different methods e.g 10 seconds at tick over then 30 secs at full throttle ETC.

Please please read the manual and follow it to the letter!

Also, if you are new to petrol then be prepared for it kicking like a mule when new- wear a really heavy glove - preferably thick leather gauntlet. Have model really well restrained and get a helper!

Jez