Playback of .mov files in Samsung tablet

I need advice on which app to install in a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 in order to playback MOV files direct from a micro SD card. Videos will be taken using a Mobius & it would be handy to be able to view them at the field.

Anyone have experience of this ?

TIA

Pat.

Advert

Nothing to suggest for a Galaxy, Pat, but as a matter of interest I found that I couldn't edit my Mobius .mov files in Windows Movie Maker. I needed to convert them to .avi files and found MP4Cam2AVI.

It's a bit rustic in operation but does the job brilliantly. Apart from anything else, Quicktime, the .mov player I have installed, gives a very jerky playback on my PC, whereas the same .avi files are very much smoother in Media Player.

Pete

Oops, I'm afraid I might have gave the wrong file type embarrassed The Mobius uses "Quick Time Movie" format, not sure if that's the same as MOV.
I've been playing with videos using a Panasonic camera, which does use MOV, as well as the Mobius hence the confusion.

I've also had some strange results tonight trying to open the micro SD cards from either camera in a laptop. Using an adapter to plug direct into the card slot kept locking Windows Explorer up but using the cards in a USB adapter worked fine.

Thanks for the advice so far, I'll try the MX player first.

Installed & tried the free MX player & it works great, just what I wanted thumbs up
I'll only be the tablet for a first look then downloading & editing in the laptop so it doesn't have to be able to do anything elaborate.

Thanks again chaps.face 1

PS You're right about Quick Time WF. For some reason Win Exp in my laptop show the Mobius file type as Quick Time but show those from the Panasonic as .mov.