in need of help

Hi Carl, You could try building a pack from 110mAh cells from here. If your looking for something bigger try building a pack from the 250mAh cells here. I can't think off the top of my head of one ready built, but these can't be hard to make. If I find a good pack in the next week, I will tell you! good luck!

Ah but he may not have a Lipo charger ? I too think he refers to 6.0 and 7.2V as the voltage not the cell count, so he is asking for either a 5 cell ( 6V ) or a 6 cell ( 7.2v ) as you say. Of course the other issue is that he may be searching for nicad...and these are as rare as hens teeth nowadays,

Everyones who is still using nickel based stuff is being forced to use NiMh

There are some cheap and pretty decent LipOs around these days.

As for maikng your own packs ( LiPos ) forget it, many of them use special and rather fragile aluminium tabs requiring special techniques. Apart from the fire risk of getting it wrong...you wont save any money either.

i know what you mean with the time ,now the light mornings are here i set off to work early  and get an hour b4 work . i did mean making a nicad battery  but it sounds easy to buy one .. have made the slow stick i also have a cc lee piper cub very easy kits .yet again thanks for been so help full

David Ashby - RCM&E wrote (see)

Carl - I was in EM Models in Tun Wells (my local shop) the other day and they had some ....collecting dust!

You can call them on 01892 536689. 

I remember as a lad when EM models first opened looking through the window also ballards that use to be down candem road ( grew up in Tonbridge) spen most of my pokett  mony there.

Martyn 

I had a Pico-stik & the performance with the recommended JP 250mAH pack was very marginal-too heavy & not enough grunt & they expired after a few flights.

I would go for one of the small 2s Lipo's of 500-900mAH as sold for the micro helicopters-they have the same BEC type connectors & are lighter than the JP Nicad packs!-I bought 2 900 packs off Ebay for £11.95 inc P&P.

RCM Direct do a small Esky Lipo balance charger for £7 & Al's do a Combo pack (again Esky) comprising Micro Rx, 2x9g servos, 20A Lipo compatable brushed ESC(very small & light) & a set of crystals all for £25!!.

I have been using the above in a speed 400 powered glider with excellent results saving over 250g over the stated box weight of 600g using 'conventional' Nicad/Nimh gear-over 40%!!

At these prices, there really is no reason for using Nicad/Nimh packs now, particularly for small models, go for Lipo-you will be amazed by the performance & duration-you won't regret it!! (I speak as a dyed-in-the-wool IC nutcase as well!!)

• 2 weeks later...

ok , up date got the two batteries of ebay ,got it all set and the receiver is naff has a mind of it own good job it a slow stick put it down for a transmiter. test and it was off ,so replace it with one out of another plane .

now the motor keeps cutting out if push to full throttle  but will restart if you close the throtttle on thr transmitter  .is it always this hard