The return of the Mini Mini-Jet 24" Sipa S-200

Hi Again ,

Not much done today , raining all day sad

sipa1818.jpg

I decided to use a servo horn as a small bell crank .

Top tip , thread strong cotton through outer snake so that you do not lose the end when you Put the top skin on .

sipa1815.jpg

Only managed to do a little sanding in between showers , needs more sanding on wings and booms before i can fit the booms to the wings , then the wings to the body frown .

sipa1816.jpg

Also fitted one servo for the ailerons .

Steve ,

Advert

Hi again ,fellow Wood worms ,

I couldn't resist temporary tacking the sum of parts together to get a early look at her ,

sipa1818.jpg

sipa1820.jpg

I also put the sum of all the parts onto the scales to get an idea of the AuW and although its not finished yet it comes out 40 grams lighter .

Wont be long now ,

Steve ,

Posted by Andrew Price 2 on 14/05/2014 11:28:01:

Hello Stephen,

I have enjoyed following your build. I am constantly amazed at the skill levels I witness within the forum builds. I was very impressed that you were able to convert a coricle (spl?) to the fuz top of a very pretty, pregnant Venom - very clever! Andy.

Hi Andy ,

I have to admit i was confused on reading the above post , and then reading Colin`s replay even more so .

So i Google coracle , and i must admit it does look very much like one ,

Thank you for you're comments and even more so for educating me blush .

Cheers Steve ,

Hi Again ,

dscf1821.jpg

I have added sheeting to the body around the wings so that the solar film has something to fix to . also due to the curvature of the body the top wing sheeting needs to be wider , and so i have cut a slot into which the top sheeting can slot into .

sipa1827.jpg

This makes a nice flush fit which was easier than keep trimming bits of the top wing sheeting then adding filler .

sipa1823.jpg

The motor was added to the lower half of the body along with the Esc and Elevator servo .

sipa1826.jpg

Here you can see the Aileron servo and the bell crank for the Elevator and the Aileron snake .

sipa1828.jpg

Some more infill was needed around the motor where the wing fairing meet the body .

sipa1832.jpg

Next i will need to glue the two half of the body together then make the wing ducts .

Steve ,

Thank`s Colin ,

I managed to squeeze a little more work on it this afternoon .

sipa1833.jpg

Here you can see the front of the air intakes and the control wire glued to the snake .

sipa1836.jpg

A view of the air intakes form underneath . i like there shape .

sipa1839.jpg

It is important to fit the hatch and locating peg before the nose is added to ensure a snug fit .

sipa1847.jpg

Almost finished the build . Cockpit next .

Steve ,

Hi again Wood Worms ,

Ok, as you can see i have added the anti warp carbon rods to the rudders and elevator .

Also covered the tail plane before gluing into position as it easier to do that way then i will cover the booms and fins , all before gluing the tail plane into position . you can also see the slot i cut into the booms for the tail plane .

sipa1851.jpg

I also decided to add a little more sheeting around the ducting to give the covering something to stick too also will help stop me damaging the sides when hand launching .

sipa1856.jpg

I tried on the old glazing for size, its a perfect match but i will need to make a new one and the old plug needs re making too .

sipa1852.jpg

sipa1855.jpg

Steve ,

Hi again ,

sipa1858.jpg

So i have it covered now in experimental Yellow .

sipa1860.jpg

The roundels are just printed on normal paper then clear packing tape stuck over them .

Quick simple dirty but works i will put some more art work on it later .

sipa1861.jpg

sipa1862.jpg

Next job will be to make a new cockpit plug so i can mold a new cockpit for it .

And add some seats , pilots and the like .

Steve ,