The return of the Mini Mini-Jet 24" Sipa S-200

• 10 months later...
Advert

• 1 year later...

Fun Flyer, thanks for posting that. Apart from my interest in the Minijet, I enjoyed reading this Aeromodeller from cover to cover! What a great magazine it was, so much interesting stuff and although it was probably five years later before I got the chance to read it, the format and headings were exactly the same. Loads of memories in there and things that are just as useful now as they were then. I couldn't afford to buy plans, so I used to take advantage of the practice of showing the whole plan in miniature by scaling it up using pencil and school level drawing instruments on the back of wallpaper or whatever I could get my hands on.

The suggested method of lighting the fuse on the Jetex 100 inside the Minijet by poking a wire with a bit of dethermaliser fuse up the back end clearly carried the risk of setting the thing alight. My o/d Jetex Atom35 Minijet attempt went up in flames on its first flight, although that was caused by the lack of flame protection between the motor mount and fuselage! Sad memory, but happy days.

Well Colin, if it makes you feel any better I had exactly the same experience with my KK Hunter. It disappeared in a flash, literally, and deposited the Jetex 50 at my feet. At 7/6 for the kit it was an expensive loss. I still have the motor in its original box!

There's lots of good reading on that site. Issues of Aeromodeller, Model Aircraft and Model Maker, all filled with ingenuity and inventiveness. Not an ARTF in sight.
Not that there's anything wrong with ARTFs or any of the current mags of course.wink