The return of the Mini Mini-Jet 24" Sipa S-200

Thanks for the kind words Gents ,

I am sure it will fly well as it is 20 grams lighter than its predecessor so far that is .

I must admit i am really glad i recycled the old one to make this one , as the changes have improved its CoG position and it feels a much more solid and just looks so much better for it .

The servos and linkages are now easier to adjust and making the nose the way i have as allowed me to position the battery into it .

I have set up the radio gear all control surfaces move smoothly and there is plenty of power from that tiny motor which is driving a vintage Keil Kraft 5x3 Prop .

sipa 1864.jpg

Cheer Steve ,

Edited By Stephen Jones on 25/05/2014 20:52:51

Advert

How big would you like it, i have seen a motor that will drive a 4.47x4.47 prop at 400 watts i was tempted to buy it .

My 36" model Sipa 200 weighed in at a tad over 1 and 1/2 pounds ,

Now when i 1st looked at building this model a long time ago i looked at the under carriage and i thought to myself just how easy it would be to make that work .

Steve ,

Hi ,

Well i took this little yellow one out this evening to give it a test flight in calmer whether .

And i can report it fly`s and it is just as fast as its bigger brother , but i need to change my radio / transmitter as dual rate is only 100 percent or 50 percent on both controls at the same time and i also need expo on the ailerons as they are very sensitive .

I will post a video of to nights flight tomorrow .

So far it looks like i have another rocket ship to add to my collection .

Steve , well pleased .

Hi ,
A lot of the video is on the cutting room floor so to speak , as my daughter wanted to do the video , even with YouTube improvements it`s not much good but a least it proves it flies .
I need to do a few adjustments to it then it should be fine .
If ever i need a reason to buy the new Taranis it` now .
But will it work with my old Frsky recivers ? .

Thank`s Lynn , Colin ,

I have now added the weight to the front end and changed over to my FF7 ( with Frsky Module ) and tamed down the control moments and add 30% Expo .

Just waiting for time and weather now to give it another bash ,

Hopefully my camera Boy / Girl will get better video of it ,

Cheers Steve ,

• 2 weeks later...