AR400 won't bind with servos connected

Nick Clynes

Advert

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the forum! What are you using as a power supply for the Rx? I'd suspect that the Rx battery you are using may not be fully charged. Connecting the servos draws just enough extra current to drop the voltage below 3.5V and this can be a cause of failure to bind successfully.

You don't need to have the servos connected when you bind, by the way. They can be connected afterwards. I tend to connect one whilst binding just for quick confirmation.

Once you have the model set up, you should always re-bind anyway to confirm the failsafe setting.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the reply. I'm using a fully charged 2S lipo connected to the Rx through a Blue Arrow ESC. It binds ok but at this stage I don't have any servos connected. When I then power off the Rx, remove the bind plug, connect the servos and re-connect the power, the receiver doesn't respond at all. No orange light, no nothing.

Nick

Thanks for the advice guys but I've still got problems. I've tried something different. If I connect the bind plug and a servo to the Rx and power on no flashing led occurs, in fact the led doesn't come on at all. If I then remove the servo, the led starts to flash. I think there is something wrong with the ESC.

I have had two AR400's bought at the same time which have given me binding problems. They have either taken multiple attempts to bind, or once done will then not respond to the Tx when switched on. The first I gave up and sent back to Horizon who replaced it, but I gave that to my Dad so not sure how that worked out. The second in my Graupner F-15 gave me the same problems yesterday. It did not respond, then took several goes at rebinding. I have at least 15 various Spektrum RX's which do not do this, so I dont think its me! Anyway, I was talking to a club mate yesterday, who said he heard you should turn on the TX and wait at least 45 seconds before turning on the RX. This is obviously once you have bound it. I only had one flight with the F-15 yesterday, and it worked on that occasion. Maybe worth a try?

Edited By stuey on 14/04/2014 08:37:01