help getting my super cub flying

james parker 4

hi all,

as explained in my intro i want my super cub at least to work.

the main problem is the fact that i can't even connect the transmitter to the recciever (probably down to no power in any of the batteries, so i'll charge them up).

i remember it used to connect (i think) but nothing would happen (i.e. no movement at all) i tried binding it at least twice but still, no movement.

so i was hoping you guys could get 'er going,

thanks,

james.

Advert

Very difficult to assist on that information. What radio/model are you using?

Why not pop along to your nearest club with your model and have a chat - unless you're very unlucky most clubs will be very helpful to anyone interested in the hobby and you might even be tempted to return!

Edited By Martin Harris on 18/04/2014 19:01:33

Hi James,

Firstly welcome to the hobby/sport. I am guessing that your new to flying radio controlled models?

Your question needs to have a lot more information before anyone can help you. Which make and model of radio is it, again which model of receiver are you using.

Your right to say that the batteries need to be fully charged up, otherwise you will not get much movement from the servos (if any at all).

So please re-post with details of battery status, any switch used in between battery and receiver, are you sure the polarity or fitting of various plugs is/are correct. Make and model of both transmitter and receiver, make and model of servos.

Good luck,

Ian

James, Martin is right - I'm afraid we need a lot more information than that if we are to help you! So;

1. What radio gear is it - transmitter and receiver?

2. What power battery do you have in the model?

3. Are the batteries - in the model and the Tx charged? No point until we are sure of that! If the power battery in the model is a Lipo do you have a proper Lipo battery charger? Don't try to charge it with anything else!!!

4. You have done what Ken suggested haven't you? ie you have taken the prop off the motor shaft?

Get back to us with the extra info and we can try to help.

BEB

Well, I've got some more info.

So, the transmitter for m using is called the spektrum DX4e 2.4GHz.

I have no idea on the receiver, the only writing (which I can see) is just where to put the cables. If you want to I could pull it out and have a look.

The battery in the plane is LiPo, 11.1V, 1300mAh, 14.4Wh. And the Tx runs on 4 AA batteries, I've just changed them but its not turning on..could be a loose wire perhaps,

If you need any more info just call,

James.

Edited By james parker 4 on 18/04/2014 20:00:23