Strange flap movement

J V R

I have a couple of planes set up with either flaps or flaperons on a 3 position switch and I keep getting a strange movement or a bounce at the bottom of the flap movement. Is it me when I make the mix on CX9 or do I have a problem with my Taranis. I have uploaded a couple of videos to the Bucket and if I have done the correct linking you will see the bounce at the end of the stroke

**LINK**

Advert

I can't see the video but I have experienced bounce or overshooting with some brands of servo when moving them fast - as in flicking a stick which is similar to using a switch. If I move the stick at normal rate they follow the movement smoothly, so I would suggest slowing down the servo action even if only by 0.2 second and see if that fixes the problem.

Wow! That's amazing. I take it the actual model does it as well - not just C9X?

I can see a little bit of your mixer programming behind the Tx simulation. One thing I would say - and I'm not saying this is the problem but I have had a few strange things happen when doing this - be very careful about whether you specify an input as a channel rather than a stick. So using CH4 as the input to a second aileron channel works fine 99% of the time - but under some circumstances, like if you are using differential, it really screws up! You need to use AIL as the input in the CH5 mix.

Now as I say whether this is part of your problem I don't know TBH - but it might be worth straightening out first to see if the effect is still there.

BEB

Hi bob

Hopefully this idea from Pete B will work & you will see the video.

BEB I will post the mix shortly, at the moment I have multiple windows open on my PC trying to embed one of the video's that I have on Photo Bucket

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 21/04/2014 23:01:35

BEB

I followed one of Scott page's videos on the other '' forum'' and got an even more exaggerated effect on the elv using a slider to control the down mix to compensate the lift made by the flaperons so I deleted that one and put the elv mix on a switch

Jan............

OK - putting a third flap stage on SC- set to 60 - it didn't show the bounce at the third stage - but its still there at the second stage.

Putting stage one flaps on SB- then stage two on SC- and no bounce on either smile

So it only happens when the down and the up slowing are different and the multi-stages are on one switch. Otherwise it doesn't happen

BEB

So is it a fault with the transmitter ? or a bug that needs sorting out ?. I would have thought that if you have switches with multi positions & the ability to slow up and down movements you should be able to do it from one switch. Thanks for the work you are doing BEB.

OK - a bit of a breakthrough. If you make the first stage movement have the same speed up and down, then even with the second stage having different speeds it works fine.

What you can't do, without getting the "wiggle", is have the first stage at different up and down speeds - unless you put them on separate switches! I don't know why! That's a job for tomorrow!

If first and second stages have the same up and down speed again no wiggle

I have emailed an altered eeep file back that doesn't show the effect - that's done by setting the first stage flaps to the same up and down speed. Hope that at least helps for now!

BEB

yes - at first glance it would look like a bug - albeit a very small one!

But its at least reassuring that it shows in both the simulator and on the Tx! If it was only in one it would be a bit of pain!

Tomorrow I'll have a look in the wiki on the OpenTx forum to see if anyone else has noticed this.

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 21/04/2014 23:47:20