Non conventional build that may resemble an F16 XL ?

Stuphedd

Advert

Colin , ! watched it all the way through !! You must be patient ! But cheers for that

I did not realise that Depak was recording it, or I may have prepared better , BUT ITS ALL about getting people thinking out of the box so to speak . Giving people ideas !

Fraser I only use release agent with fibreglass/ carbon moulding .

Pop bottles dont usually need anything , and dont get your moulds tooo shiny with paint etc cos the heat melts and sticks the two together , a good thing to use is talkum powder .

Moulds are best left as dry plaster or wood, P38 makes super ones if you want mass production !!

cheers chaps

28414 007 (small).jpg28414 006 (small).jpg A couple or so photos of the skin being glued on , just bags of sand on the top to help hold it down , nice and evenly !!

and another photo of nylon inserts that are now glued into the wings to hold the servo hatches in place , These are made of nylon tube , like you get in control snakes ( dreadful unstable things !!) heat the end up to melting point and flatten in pliers. the flat stops them turning/comming out !! Ideal for cowlings on IC stuff as the screws dont vibrate out 28414 002 (small).jpg

Just a clarification about the vids I show.

They are not planned or posed , we have a tame camera guy , Ade, who is always with us when we fly and takes "random " vids of the days flying !! I think he posted over 30 mins worth of Sundays happenings ! We also have a "stills" man, Ralph, who is nothing short of brilliant , He tells me he payed for his first house with his camera shots ! The one of the Mig at the beging of the vid is one of his !

We are very lucky as a club to have such a super record , good and bad , of our planes and flying .

The vids make an excellent method of investigating WHAT WENT WRONG !! occasionally !

cheers

EFRay I love twins , and its big !!! in fact it is huge !! a one hand launch must be "fun "

and Mark , I started the vectored mig thing in 2006 ish , and there are vids of my first ones on the Giant Cod site ,

there are very easy to fly and quick and simple to make , If you look at my album of photos on this site I think they are there under "STUs" .

I think the GC utube vid is under" Pete the Stu's Depron Mig"

I have flown them up at Frolesworth with the comment that they are tooo noisy !!

The F16Xl with battery is a tad under 3 lbs !

cheers

It struck me that the odd thing I do may be of interest ??

Have you ever looked for a bit of canopy material to glaze cockpits ?? I know I have bought a box of Thorntons , just for the clear cover , and earn some brownie points from the other half .

But if you get a pop bottle , and the colour selection is brilliant , reds greens browns etc , and get something very smooth the go inside , I use an old Vacuum flask , then use you heat gun to shrink it onto the smooth vacuum , !!

It does not matter if the bottle has ridges they just shrink away !! and cut it off the flask and you have an unblemished sheet of Plastic ! See the fuz of the F16 , !! f16 xl 100514 001 (small).jpg

simples !

dont like the fuz top shape so going to make a different one !!

also ran the fan up to power whilst on the bed , !!! injested a piece of foam which fell like snow every where , I have that feeling I am about to get banned from the spare bedroom !!

still its getting warm in the garage

cheers