Midlands Flight Training Services

dave moss

Advert

Dave,

I don't think Colin has a web-site available yet - it's under construction.  I've learned to fly with Colin (he's only just down the road from me) and can thoroughly recommend him as providing a very expert service in a very relaxed manner.  I took and passed my "A" a few months ago and am learning the "B" maneouvres with Colin now (when the weather permits!).

Cheers,

Tim.

HI Tim.

thanks for the reply, a friend of mine took his A with him about 3 yrs ago he said he was good but couldn't find his no, which i saw on the article. i live in mid staffordshire so it quite a run but as im new to the hobby & already totaled a kit i recon a bit of quality 1 on 1 training is worth the travel.  I'll ring him monday & go from there

Thanks Mate  

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mike,

Just to add that I have been having tuition from Colin for a while - I did the "A" with him a few months ago and am working to get my "B".  You wouldnt find a more relaxed but knowledgeable flying instructor if you tried.  He is equally happy to teach you with your own model or flying one of his own fleet.  The flying sites are well-maintained and, as Les says, both within a few miles of Wellingborough.

Tim.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your reply. I've just sent Colin a reply to his reply to my original email request (only sent yesterday after reading the reply from Les) for additional info. I agree he seems very helpful.

Please excuse me, and I know we are all different, but how many hours training did you need before you passed your "A"?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Good question!  I'm really not sure but I had two-hour sessions with Colin and I'm guessing I had about 7 or 8 sessions before I got the "A".  Priot to that, I had been dabbling on my own with electric helicopters for several months and was putting in some time on a flight-sim as well.  I'm probably slower than average though!

Tim.

Hi, sorry to butt in but just spotted questions about Colin ( Midlands Flying Training ). If it helps, I have also just passed A with Colin and agree with everybody else. He is a brilliant instructor and has become a good friend as well. He is always willing to help and advise, but also a good thing to keep in mind is, without training, if (when) you crash, you have lost the cost of your model, the cost of replacing your model, and you still cant fly so you will probably crash again. Believe me, I know, bin there. He is worth every penny, you also get very enjoyable flying sessions without the cost of joining a club until you are ready. Hope this helps.

Regarsd

Alan

Hi Dave, Just to add, I had four hours with Colin and must say I found his style to be very relaxed and supportive, I would go as far as saying that In my professional life I come into contact with lots of coaches and trainers and would say that Colin is one of the best I've ever met.

My advice would be to go along and have a session with Colin and see what you think, I'll be surprised if you don't continue through to at least your A cert. I'll certainly be going back to get some training to progress towards my B cert.

Happy flying

• 4 weeks later...
hello there!,i wonder if maybe one of you good chaps could help me!, my name is scott and live in sunny blackpool,except it aint so sunny at the moment believe me!,ha ha!.Anyway i happened to be reading the interesting questions and answers on the forum here.I am currently just starting out in the world of model flying,well only just building me first kit to be honest.But obviously when i have finished i will b ready to have a go flying it.I noticed that some of you fello flyers were talking about (Midlands Flight Training),which i have seen advertised in [email protected] would be interested in knowing a bit  more about the training place and the cost of tution,and maybe a telephone number if anybody has these details to pass on to me?,would appreciate it thanks!.Anyway off to get a few bits packed ready for the LMFA rally,at RAF Cosford this weekend,anybody going?,may see you there!,ha ha!,ta ta!.

Scott,

Colin Chapman, who runs Midlands Flight Training, has two sites available for tuition, both in Northamptonshire, fairly close to Wellingborough.  Tuition is normally charged at £25 per hour and you can use your own model or one of Colin's models.

I've been learning with Colin for a while now - I took my "A" last Autumn and am working towards my "B" now.  You can get in touch with Colin on 07711 963939.  During the day he's often flying, so just leave him a message - he'll ring you back.  He's a VERY experienced flyer, and a good tutor too - you won't be disappointed.

Cheers,

Tim.

• 7 months later...
Hello everyone.
This is my first post on the forum and have read with interest the remarks in this thread.
I also train with Colin on a regular basis weather permitting.
I can only praise his tutoring and patience and agree totally with Tim's comments.
I travel from the Sheffield area down to Northants which is no short distance but consider this to be worthwhile.
Tim, I think we have met on several occasions during training sessions with Colin.

Barry.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...