Been at it again

Hello peeps.

well been balsa bashing again and I am slowly coming up with something.

lightweight is the keyword with this one, hollow trailing edge, minimal spars longerons and built up tips etc.

ive decided to make it mid wing, one question I do have is being mid wing would it have to have ailerons? It's got good dihedral but I am unsure?'

will add pics in a mo, oh it's a glider by the way ☺️

Edited By Wiltshire Flyer on 01/06/2014 00:59:32

Lol thanks john, I do have my work shop, but wings too big to fit lol.

and sometimes I suppose old habits die hard! I tend to use it during the day, but as I've yet to plumb it in to the leccy I do some in the lounge at night 😄

i share your concern in the moment arm, I got too carried away with the fues and then thought " wait a minute, where are the wings gonna go"? Lol

i am hoping I have just got away with it??! Will build wing fairing and canopy and go from there ☺️

Hi john, getting carried away is easy done isn't it mate!

I am thinking of making a power pod for this, I have a brushless outrunner from am fms warhawk, it has an 18amp esc with it, reckon it would work? I am sooo not clued up with electric!! Lol ☺️

Its a really light plane, I experimented with the ol pop bottle shrinking tonight over a mould I carved for the canopy and I have to say that the first attempt worked out really well ! Just need to practise a bit more.

Looking good WF. For gliders look at 50 - 100W / 450g (lb) of all up weight including the battery you intend to use. Also favour slow reving motors against high rev i.e. look at the kv rating of the motor the lower the better in this case.

Have found that BRC provide very useful info on their range of motors;

**LINK**

Regards,

Rob

Many thanks for info rob 👍 I may even buy a little cox simpler and a bit retro lol.

hi cymaz! Sleep? What's that? 😉

in honesty mate I am slowly very slowly recovering from a few mental health problems (no I ain't ashamed to say it!) lol and my sleep patterns are still messed up 😬 balsa bashing and restoration are helping a lot! But I do really need to work on the sleep! 💤