Area 51 Distribution

Having trouble getting hold of them by phone. Have tried every other day for nearly 2 weeks now and not once has the phone been answered. The answer phone now states they are closed for stock taking and advises emailing them. I can do that of course but would prefer a phone call TBH.

Anyone know what gives?

Advert

Hi Jack,

I think that the owner has had an injury and is off sick and has been for weeks. All phone calls were being answered by someone allegedly holding the fort for him. I've had no luck with my particular problem and have given up trying after weeks of phone calls. I won't ever deal with them again since the service I've received has been a disgrace.

Shouldn't be surprised if they go to the wall.

Good Luck because you're going to need it, since they don't answer their Emails either.

Kind Regards,

Les.

Hi Ben,

I see that we're in agreement once again.!!!!

I for one, will not put up with shoddy service and any Company that complains about lack of loyalty

of the modelling fraternity should have the courage of their own convictions and put their case on forums such as this.

I note that few, if any, ever do!!

Is it that they can't be bothered??

Les.

Well, if it is a one man band and the owner is incapacitated that would certainly explain the lack of timely replies and vagueness when someone else, who doesn't know the business, is covering. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope that his business isn't badly affected in the long run.

Quite where the idea that all of the companies that we deal with in the rc industry are massive cooperate business is beyond me, virtually all of the ones i deal with are small one or two man/woman bands someone may well be very ill or badly injured, how stupid would you feel then!! Personally i have had nothing but great service and responses from area 51 so i hope all is ok very soon, lets face it its only toy aeroplanes, life love and family are far more important! " chingggg" lee clashes two small cymbals together and meditates ooommmmm! ��

Well I for one won't put up with poor service. If everyone is happy to accept mediocrity

then who am I to worry.

My gripe with Area 51 goes back several weeks and I still have yet to receive a satisfactory answer

to a reasonable request for spare parts.. Sorry guys, it just won't do!!!!

I'll do my model shopping elsewhere where my custom is appreciated and valued.

I tried to order a couple of things online last weekend, showed in stock etc. Got to the checkout and won't process any payments at present.

Tried calling several times during opening hours and just answer phone.

Emailed/messaged through their website, no response.

Complete mystery until I read this thread - why not just put a notice on the front page for a while? Save a lot of wasted time, misplaced hope and disappointment?

Order still stuck in the cart, its difficult to resist shopping elsewhere with no news/update as I need the parts!

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

News people. A release from Mike and Colin (Area 51).

"We apologise for the secrecy over the last few weeks, but the mammoth changeover is now complete and the movement of all stock to new premises has now been achieved.

Colin and myself would like to thank all our customers for their loyal support since we started. With Colin’s continuing ill health and more operations planned, coupled with the changes around the commercial world, it has left us no option other than to sell all stock and distributions to King’s Lynn Models, as a result of this Area51 Distribution is no longer trading.

Consideration to this outcome has taken place over the last 6 months, during confidential conversations any company that expressed an interest was given the opportunity to takeover 100%, Kings Lynn were the most eager and capable of making this happen quickly.

It is worth mentioning that this changeover has also coincided with the happy news of the birth of Steve’s new baby girl so this has delayed the announcement somewhat.

King’s Lynn Models will also continue to supply all Area51 product brands and lines to the trade so that future supply is assured to all trade customers.

All orders should now be placed with King’s Lynn Models, please contact Steve or Dan direct on 01553 771600 to discuss your requirements or visit www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.uk

Once again we would like to thank you for your custom and support since we started".

Best regards

Mile & Colin

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 15/06/2014 14:32:35