"Firefly" trainer helicopter

fly boy3

Advert

I've been flying CP helis (T-Rex 500 and 550) for about 5 years now, and before that I started with a Twister Bell 47 coaxial. I still can't fly the T-Rex 500 that's on my Phoenix simulator, so I hesitate to advise people to learn on a sim.

The most important thing, in my view, is to know that the model flies correctly. My Twister didn't initially, but a quick trip back to the shop (pre internet days!) had it sorted -- just one of the gears loose on its shaft but, being a beginner at helis, I wasn't clued up enough to sus that.

Also very important is that the coaxial learner heli should be full 4-channel, so that brain/eye/thumb coordination is learned correctly.

Sadly so many people buy blind then find out what they have isn't ideal for what they need!

If this model is the one I'm seeing in search engines, marketed by Heliguy, its a pretty low rent, fixed pitch tail motor single rotor.

How well is it made? Are components fit for purpose? Dunno

Is it maintainable? Are spares available easily? Dunno

Given I have been working in the first time trainer helicopter arena running specific RC Heli training for 11-17 year olds for nine years, and have never come across one, have to say I'm somewhat concerned for him!

Def put it to someone with experience of training, and thats not necc the club 3D expert!!!