J!VE trim issues

Just built a J!VE. SC40 2stroke up front wearing a 12.25X3.75 prop.

Built as per instructions. Can't remember the CofG but A: it was tested and found to be present and B: it was located in the region it should be.

The problem is this, it needs about five clicks of right aileron trim to fly straight. On takeoff it swings quite badly to the RIGHT, which is counter intuitive and causes some takeoff worries. If I take off very gently it is much less pronounced. Power on/power off tests suggest more side thrust is required. I am just trying to figure the right swing out. Is it possible that more right sidethrust will enable me to take out the right aileron and the right aileron is causing the right wheel to dig in. Should I centralise the ailerons and put in right rudder as a test?

I could try a smaller prop to reduce torque reaction I suppose.

I think I've got to be brave dial up more sidethrust and see how I get on I'm just worried I'll make the right swing worse.

Aerodynamics experts I await your replies.

Shaunie.

Advert

hello shaunie-----could be something as simple as having too much power on for take off.....and then if you are trying to trim it not to do it-----it's then affecting the model in the sky(normal flying) ...I would say trim it all to neutral..get it in the air and do a hands off-if it fly's straight and level/ish...then the prob is too much power on the take off bit.....if its all over the sky and needs major changes-then the airframe has some issue's(warped)...or something mis-aligned........lets know how you get on....

ken Anderson ne..1 ....... warped dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 12/06/2014 09:29:27