Must Fly Slopes - UK

Thought I would start a thread on 'Must Fly' Slopes, a sort of bucket list of slope sites. I will start of with my favorites, there has to be 2 on the top of my list and in my opinion they are must fly slopes for any UK slope pilot.

1 The Great Orme North Wales (I am lucky as I consider this my home slope) excellent access and superb slopes especially the ones that work in the prevailing wind.

2 Rhossili on The Gower, superb if hang and para glider free, immense lift in a good westerly and views over one of the world's top beaches.

I would then say The Bwlch, The Lleyn, and The Long Mynd are next on my list.

Advert

Well my "Must Fly" slope favourite is The Bwlch. Partly because it is my home slope but also because it has 6 slopes within the area offering AWESOME flying in any wind direction with excellent, long grass landing zones with no rocks. The UK's fastest ever F3F slope racing time was achieved here also.

The Orme comes a close second but it doesn't have 360° flying and has magnetic rocks on the landing zone wink

Steve

A470Soaring.blogspot.co.uk