Lesser known LiPo`s

New to elec`s and indeed the hobby and now I am in need of cells.I have read that you can get good cells without having to go for the top of the range makers.

I have been on Hobbykings uk site and to be honest at a loss because of the choice of brands stocked.

I need 3s or 4s packs of around 2200 mah, is there any good bang for the buck cells to look for,forgot to say ,at least 20c better 40c +

Or even cells that are known to be avoided.

Thanks

I've not had bad performance out of the standard Turnigy cells, had some 2200 mah 3s for several years now, much used and abused, just in the process of replacing them, with another set of the same.

I had some Gens Ace and they died very suddenly and after less than 30 flights in a not very arduous application.

From my experience (and we are talking about a very large number of cell packs from 1S to 6S bought since LiPos became available, currently over three figures in use).

I will never buy Gens Ace again, ALL quickly failed to a high impedance that kills power after seconds run. This on several differing sizes and several differing batches.

I like Loong-Max Tipple and Turnigy Nano-Tech and Zippy. Some of my Tipples are five years old now and have had plenty of abuse and little loving care, yet still work well.