Thought I'd post a Focke wulf TA 183

Pete Crosby

just thought I'd say as not many replys.. its 40" span foam and balsa with brown paper, it has carbon fibre wing seating tubes and two micro metal gear servos in the wings. I used a standard servo inside the fuz for the elevator which is routed inside the tail section. I thought I'd use a TX mix to use the elevators along with elevons.. No rudder here. I got a liitle side tracked during the build as I moved house and are now in the middle of building a new 12x10 workshop(shed) for my hobby.. I mainly fly my SAS wildthing but I hope to fly this as well..fingers crossed.

ta183b.jpg

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 27/06/2014 14:22:52

• 4 weeks later...

Pete, that's great. I'm following this with great interest. Although we always rightly associate the MIG15 with this design, the next plane actually designed by Kurt Tank and flown was the Pulqui II, while he lived in Argentina after the war and they had ambitions to create their own jet fighter. It didn't go into production, but it looked the part, clearly a cousin to your Ta183 and the MIG15. I've never seen the Pulqui II modelled, but it would certainly be interesting.

Good luck with this one.