Great Planes Brushless Motor Mount Extra Large Motors

iqon

I am trying to fit a Turnigy G110 to my own design , although i am using the cowl from a Phoenix models Accipiter. The problem i have is that the cross mount does not give me the clearance i need for the slope of the cowl. First Question does anybody know if the G P mount can be modified to a shorter adjustable length I am after around 60mm, GP do a adjustable length that i need but it says for small motors, wound it be upto the job of the G110.

Lastly and maybe more importantly if i have not got the clearance for the cross mount am i subject to overheating. would I be better off moving the motor down 1" or so and making my own cowl....

Thanksfrown

Advert

Have spent all day fitting motor using standoffs, using standoffs meant that the motor had to be fitted lower due to slope on the cowl, The GP mount would have meant that it would be in the correct position but would have been too close to cowl for cool running, i`m happy with the compromise..cool.