Bristol Blenheim help needed.

Hi chaps, I'm looking for a bit of help/info on this airframe.

Looking through the internet I think this is a 63 inch wingspan Brisol Blenhiem can anyone confirm if it's from a balsa craft kit or were there other kits available ?

It was built by my father Inlaws father some years ago but never flown. It's been stored in an attic for a good few years & I now have taken position. The only build flaw I can see is an off centre horizontal stab so that will need sorting.

It looks to be powered by two in runners and we did manage to get her running this afternoon but unfortunately the elderly speed controller let its smoke out.

So the project is to get her in the air and give her a go so any info is much appreciated.

The Balsacraft Blenheim is 60" span, powered by two sp600 motors, in the original kit configuration . Built up sheeted fuselage and wings, with flat plate sheet balsa tail surfaces.

bblenheimxxvcolours.jpg

Does the Blenheim look like this at all? That's a Balsacraft Blenheim.

Edited By leccyflyer on 07/08/2014 20:25:31

Here's my Blenheim. I used the plans from the BC kit but sourced my own balsa. I also extended the nose to make it resemble the MkV

img_1735.jpgimg_1736.jpgimg_1737.jpgimg_1733.jpgimg_1741.jpg

Defo change the inrunners for B/L and use lipos rather than the heavy nicads, but you will need to add weight to the nose as there is a big difference using lipos and B/L motors.

Yep, that looks like a Beaufighter. Believe it was a BC kit also.

Leccyfliyer, they are electric retracts. The nacelles are made from balsa and depron, and the "humps" are made from blue foam. The whole nose is on dowel pins and rare earth magnets, and the lipo slides in a snug fit tray. Balances perfectly.

The fully individually glazed cockpit was a bit of a nightmare but looks good.

Edited By Budgie Daz on 07/08/2014 21:50:27

Ahh exelent service chaps , many thanks.

So has anyone got any info on C of G etc and also the flying charictoristics ?

My Father in Law is going to look for the original plan . As I stated the horizontal stabiliser is well off square so I would like to see the assembly to ascertain where is best to cut to make it true.

Posted by leccyflyer on 07/08/2014 21:40:01:

Justin

The model in your pictures looks like a Flair Beaufighter, rather than a Blenheim.

\

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted by A.A. Barry on 17/01/2016 15:17:34:

Any help with a plan or a Blenhiem???

thanks

Barry

I have been given a Balsacraft Blenheim kit to build by another club member. I haven't even opened the box yet so I don't know what sort of plan was provided with the kit but if it's a conventional sort of plan, I'll get it copied for you if you'll pm me your address.

We plan to fit brushless motors and a LIpo. Any suggestions for this modification greatly received by this unreconstructed i/c enthusiast!