Motor and prop recommendations?

darren ismail

Hi all. Am a complete beginner to this and in need of some advice. ....
I am building a Ben Buckle super 60 and plan to use an electric motor.
Can you point me in the right direction as to what to buy? Dont want anything crazy just powerful enough for a super60 size and weight.
I dont have a lot to spend so need to get value for money and I want to get it right first time.
Any help/advice will be gratefully received.
Cheers.
Darren.

Advert

The power set up recommendation in the 4-max site seems to total around £125 (that's with only a single battery). IMO this is way too much. Also I don't believe that the power figures quoted could be obtained on the motor/battery/prop combination listed.

If you look here in the Electric Flight Database you'll get some idea what others are using on various models. Unfortunately no Super 60s are listed but there may be a few that are similar in power requirements.

This is my blog when re-furbed & converted my old Junior 60 from ic to electric. If you scroll down to my post on 4/03/2013 you'll find the power train that I used with some data further down the page taken on the first outing. The Junior 60 is a bit lighter than the Super 60 but mine was well overpowered & the motor was easily capable of giving more power simply by changing to a bigger dia prop if required.

A quick look on Giant Shark costed the Jnr 60 power train including a single battery at £66. I'm pretty sure an even cheaper setup could be had from HK without any compromise in suitability or quality. I'd be happy to give some suggestions when I have more time (pub night tonight wink 2) if you need help with specific motors, ESCs, batteries etc.