Calibrating quad motors

Eric Hartley

Advert

I'm sorry Eric. I do'n know anything about your board. But there are three things that I am pretty sure are true for any multirotor.

1. The board has to be oriented facing forward.

2. The motors have to be connected to the proper corresponding port

3. Making sure that the receiver controls correspond to the ports on the board.

Other than that, I'm kinda at a loss myself. frown

I may have asked this before but my quad with KK2 board, seems to want to take off uneven. Most quads I have, all four corners lift at about the same time. This bigger quad's right side motors lift first as if it's going to flip over, but with a little more throttle, it evens out. Is there some adjustment I can do?

Hi Jerry. I have had a few KK boards and the KK2 board does tend to spool up faster on one side initially until you give more throttle. Which KK board is it? If it is really bad it could be related to ESC timings? If using single ESC's then make sure they are all on the same timings and then calibrate them. if this fails try installing a different firmware on the KK boards.

....Oh the high& lows of getting flight controllers to work.....

What firmware are the ESC's using? Are they optimised for a quad? You could try uploading the 'SimonK' firmware, which can be very easy or a pain in the neck depending upon the type of ESC/chip.

If it flies fine I would tend to leave as is and just give it some beans to get into the air.