How not to hover inverted

paul howell

Advert

thanks

that lipo is only a week old and has a squashed end now but seems to have charged ok.

have to see how it performs when the heli is fixed.

I have a rapter 50 titan so am glad i tried it on the little heli first

more practise on the sim first though i think

• 2 weeks later...

its a t rex 450xl well was, its aimost an se version 2 now

had lots of rebuilds over ther last 18 months. Best upgrade was metal head its survived every crash only parts that ever need changing are the usual main shaft, flybar and feathering shaft. Tail case is metal too thats been ok found the plasic one also broke most crashes

all in all the t rex has been a really good heli to learn on and fairly cheap for spares and it needs to be!

i got my eye on the t rex 500 being slightly bigger it should be a bit more stable and easier to see

i have a raptor 50 titan and that is very easy to fly compared to the small t rex i just got to convince my better half i really need another heli

• 1 month later...
Don't be put off i have had much more fun with the larger heli's they are a lot more stable in the air, if you learn to hover on a small heli then upgrade to a 30 or 50 size the difference is amazing the larger heli just sits in a hover and is hardly effected by the wind.They do cost more to repair but having said that i have only lost my 50titan twice in the year i have had it. my trex 450 however has hit the ground considerably more

• 4 weeks later...

Paul good to see you going for it there are so many that don't push the envelope and just hover and fly circuits and say  " I don't do 3D"
I just want to do 2D and I wil be happy, currently on 1D working my way up the D's one day I'll be able to cut my hedge inverted I hope. What is after 3D ?4D where will it stop ?
keep up the good work and it will come one day.