RCM&E 2014 Special

Eamonn Fahey

Posted by Eamonn Fahey on 04/10/2014 17:10:10:

Tim, Canopy glue is available from TJD Models HERE. Their link is on the right of this page.

Eamonn.

Interesting might have a try of that, its one I've not used before, interesting that they claim "Works best on: Metal, Wood, Rubber, Most plastics, China, Pottery" can't say I've seen a china cockpit cheeky

Something to be aware of with canopy glue it takes a loooooooong time to cure. When you apply it, its white (like PVA) and it stays white for a long time. When it does eventually set it sets clear. So you need to apply it, then tape everything in place and leave it for at least 24 hours before you disturb it - longer if you can. Once cured its excellent stuff, but it does call for patience.

BEB

Hi Tim, sorry for not coming back to you more promptly. When I say canopy glue this is what I used

From what I can tell it is the same as the Pacer Formula 560 "canopy glue" but was all I had at the time, must get some more Pacer just to verify

As BEB says it has to be left quite some time if the air cannot get to it. So if you use it to attach a canopy then you do have to wait for it to become clear.

If its rivets you are using it for they dry in under 5 minutes a completely air tight canopy could be a few days for the inner edges to set and go clear.

Cheers

Danny

Ken and Kiwikanfli, I still don't have my copy, nor my October issue. If other antipodean subscribers are having the same problems please take the time to write to the subscriptions department, I've done so, but don't seem to be getting any result.