Instrument Panels

Colin Leighfield

Advert

Right then guys and erm.....guys (hmmm theres no girls here!), you will pleased to know that all the panels are now winging there way to you. I managed to get hold of some suitable acetate care of the local fruit and veg shop (lids from kiwi boxes) so I have cut up some of the sheets and included some with your panels.

I was going to print out the dial sheets as well, but alas my printer died this morning, so if anyone wants the one I used I can email you the pic, just rescale it to 99x53mm and it fits directly behind the dial cut outs.

Posted by Colin Leighfield on 27/10/2014 23:58:32:

Looks great Dylan, Thank you.

To others following this and other potential Chipmunk builders, Andy Price has just sent a note to say that he won't be needing his panels after all and wonders if anyone else would be interested in them? If so please let me know.

I'll take them Colin, can someone pm the price and address to pay please

And whilst i'm here, any chance of someone printing me the dials, I don't have a printerembarrassed i'll cover the cost

John

I'm glad to hear everyone so far is happy, you are my guinee pigs for the panels as you are all the first lot to actually order any, please though if there is any criticism at all let me know as I want to perfect this particular line of product. My main worry was that actual thickness of material used, but if you guys are happy then thats fine with me, if not then just shout up, honestly I just want to give you guys what you want if I can, I'll be honest with you if you're honest with me, best way to be as far as I am concerned.

The paint pot holder is available as a flat pack at the moment as is, but I am tweaking the design slightly to make it easier to build and stronger, currently it is all butt joints and I am changing them to interlocking, plus 1 or other little tweaks. I am also going to be doing one for Tamiya size pots, the current one suits wargame and humbrol pots, but if you paint it up then the holes get a little tight and need sanding out so making these slightly larger.

If you want one let me know via email or PM on here, or even facebook and I will get one sorted for you.