GWS P51 MUSTANG INFO

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
 hi mustang ,i flew her yesterday in 30 plus winds ,i think a little to strong got caught with a gust near the edge and had a tumble. always same when everyone watching errrrrrr,anywaythe damage wasnt bad on site, but when she was laid out in the workshop ,i did a pm and shes now in the great flying place in the sky (((sob sob sob)) i loved her ( mali  my mustang)   ---- but answer to question, sorry, i had flown her in 10/15mph needed a bit of ballast but was really suprised as to how  wellshe flew ,   i used 2 cheap £ 4 servos. the aileron response was great elevator same  ,only prob i found was when painted it got quite britle. i would recomend one  but i woulnt paint it. i gotta get another little mali mustang

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd share my experiences with the slope GWS Mustang that dad won for his reader letter this year! Its fitted with the cheapest gear possible - s.75 servos £4.99 each x3, Esky rx £9.99, EnErG Nimh £5.99 = £30.95, yes thirty pounds, ninety five pence. With a bit of lead for nose, it weighs hardly anything and can scratch for lift in anything above 5 mph.

Our club flew at Whitesheet recently and a friend took a few pics for us here and here. It looks fantastic in the air. Dad has painted the whole model in silver enamels with blue and olive matt trim. Most of the original sticker set is also used. Once CG issues were resolved, it proved smooth and responsive. It loops, rolls, stall turns and flys inverted very scale-like.

This also happened at Whitesheet - nice spot-landing Dad!

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/25906/How_did_he_miss_the_2_fences_and_the_puddle[1]_(2).jpg