Stopping wings coming apart on Radian glider

I use the HK ( **LINK**  ) magnets to secure my canopies and they are pretty strong. They are very light and should be fine for this application. Quite a few glider wings are secured this way. If you have a dremmel type rotary drill you can use one of the small orbital sanding attachments to make a recess for the magnets and then just glue them in.

Rob

Edited By TigerOC on 27/09/2014 22:07:32

Edited By TigerOC on 27/09/2014 22:08:12

• 9 months later...

Hi Guys, Well my Radian did disassemble in the air today on the fourth flight. I have had it for a few years and lots of fun flights. It was flying fine when suddenly it looked like it got hit by severe turbulence almost like a wirlwind. The wings went their own way and floated down undamaged. No so of the fuselage..I ordered a new on and for sure the wings will be secured with magnets or even duct tape....

Only had mine three weeks and had 4 flights so far but the wings are tight in the fus and do not move (yet!!!). Was a bit sceptical of the interlocking wing joint but so far has worked well even with a few unintended violent manouveres on the maiden. If things get too loose I may go down the magnet road but as yet cannot foresee the need for some time. I do dismanle the model for storage but can get it into the car in one piece for transit.

John