Enya S30BB diesel

Ed Kershaw

Evening all, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of Eyna diesels. I've just ordered a 30BB diesel from the Enya website on a bit of a flyer, for CL stunt, with not much in the way of specs given on the website. I am hoping it will pull a 35 class stunt model (Magician) round pretty well. Any views or experience gratefully received - props/rpm/weight etc?

I have never tried an enya diesel but their glow engines have always been excellent so I have no doubts about the diesel. I would run it up to start with on a smallish prop to get the revs up without loading it. If the enya instructions don't help you then perhaps check out the PAW website as they do a similar engine.

Many thanks for all your thoughts. Fascinating article, Gonzo.

Interestingly, I have now actually bought both a SS25BBD and a SS30BBD. Having bought the 30, I thought it was a bit heavier than I wanted it to be, so I bought the 25 (on no better information than it was a smaller engine so it might be lighter - info on Enya engines being very sparse and hard to find!). The odd thing is, the 25 has the same external dimensions as the 30, and its also heavier! So the 30 is larger bore and stroke, lighter version of the 25.

PAW Diesels have an excellent reputation over many years.....they offer a 0.29 & a 0.35cu in engine.....

More details here....

Diesel fuel can be a little hard to find. Model Techniques sell it through the hobby trade but you can also buy it from Southern Modelcraft purveyors of glow fuel to the great British modelling public. Only problem is you can only buy it at the shows....good fuel though....wink 2

Depending on the construction of the engine you might be able to run far less oil than diesels of old. If they have ABC piston/liner setups then you can probably use half the oil and old frog used to use. it would make It cleaner!

Just try to refrain from sniffing the fuel too much