bad news for this club

flyless

Our BB objected very strongly, possibly be cause he imagined masses of cars and wild parties. Nothing could have been farther from the truth as it turned out.

Anyway, the farmer advised the BB that if they couldn't sell the tiny patch of land which was in an awkward little corner from the point of view of ploughing, they, the farmer would fill it up with all the scrap from the farm and he could look at that.

The actress got her parking area and never held a party there in her life.

Brilliant!!!

Edited By The Wright Stuff on 17/10/2014 09:46:06

Our Club has been using our flying site on a farmer's land for 25 years now and we have had a couple of minor complaints. A visit to the people gave them satisfaction.

We have always kept the nearby villagers happy by supporting their annual Summer Fete by putting on a static display of our models and by giving their children buddy box experience flights at our strip.

I've had trouble with nasty bullies like this before. It's seems to be the usual "People enjoying themselves, I'll soon have that stopped". Last year I was approached by a young man asking if I'd issued a NOTAM to fly on a site (the Flatts in Thirsk). Unfortuntely he picked on the wrong victim, having served in the RAF I was well aware of flight restrictions, also being a bolshy beggar, I asked what his interest was, he admitted to flying hang gliders so I asked him for his name as it was illegal to fly anything over built up areas without having issued NOTAMs. It was interesting to see how quickly he backed off when confronted. I wonder what secrets the lady is hiding at her farm. Just asking.

Not so bad news now ! It looks like common sense prevailed. An article in the Basingstoke Gazette says that the local council gave the club a modified Cert of lawful use with slightly modified flying times . The articles says the new flying times start at 10 am and finish at 7pm or dusk. Well done to the club committee for standing up to busy bodies who think they are more important than anyone else. I hope the busy body had a very big bill for wasting everyone's time.smiley

Edited By Engine Doctor on 19/10/2014 10:13:51