BrainCube laser service

AVC

Good afternoon

I have just placed an order in Brain Cube for cutting a David Andersen's Arado AR96. The price is below 150 quid, including shipping, whereas in other places, for the same kit you could end paying 250, so in principle it looks attractive.

I wonder if any one has already used they lase cutting service, and if so, what the results are: are the parts accurate? how long does it takes? etc...

Yeah, I know I should ask the question before placing the order,...sadembarrassed but anyway, it's done

Thanks for your comments

Advert

• 2 months later...

Well, finally I received the kit from Oliver. He had some issues with some plans before put the hands in mine, and this has delayed a bit the work, but finally yesterday I received the "box of bits" from which I mean to build an David Andersen Arado AR96...smiley .

The photos are very bad, but the quality of the job is excellent, and not only the cut, also the way in which parts are identified and packed. I'm very satisfied with the result.

dsc_0008.jpg

dsc_0007.jpg

But this is not the end of the story. As I said, there has been some delay on the delivery. During this time, Oliver has kept me informed of the issues that he was facing. This in itself is a quality "detail" (I know of other kit cutters that are "allergic" to contact with the customer, so that you don't know if your money was invested in your hobby, or donated to a charity...), but on top of that, yesterday when I received the box, I found a set of lights for the Arado, as compensation for the delay, and what is more important for me, and hand written apology note from Oliver.

This, in my view, is "excellence", the kind of excellence that we can only find in these modest businesses that manufactures the "stuff" at home and not on the other side of the world, these business that still listen to, and look after, the customer.

Thanks Oliver, next time I need a set of lights or a new kit, I know where I will look at first wink

That is Customer Service - it really is. Many companies or individuals will have problems in design/manufacture - it's natural.

But keeping the customer informed every step of the way is true service. Better than some I've dealt with recently. I've got one LED coming from him shortly... !