LiPo voltage sensor - "low" & "critical" voltage thresholds

andyh

evening gents,

I've been having a play with my LiPo voltage sensor & setting up "low" & "critical" threshold alerts. any suggestions what I should set these at - 3.7/3.5v maybe?

also, is there a way to get all cell voltages displayed on the TX telemetry page? ie in addition to the 'Cell' & 'Cels' fields?

I'm running 2.0.15 on the Tx if that makes any difference

many thanks

Andy

Advert

Posted by andyh on 09/02/2015 19:43:05:

also, is there a way to get all cell voltages displayed on the TX telemetry page? ie in addition to the 'Cell' & 'Cels' fields?

Certainly! The individual cell voltages are displayed on (I think) the third telemetry screen on my Taranis. I don't remember doing anything special to display them there (but that's not to say that I didn't!)

Just checked, and it is the third telemetry screen. Oddly in the telemetry menu I have nothing setup to be displayed on screen three, yet I get the cell voltages on the right-hand side, and other displays too. See below.

2015-02-09 22.14.49.jpg

Next time I see you on the Downs I'll show you my setup if you haven't worked it out be then!

Regarding the low/critical settings, on my Katana I have the 'battery low' alert triggered by a logical switch when the Cells value (on a 3S LiPo) drops below 10.0v. I think if I used 3.7v/cell (11.1v on a 3S) for the low alert I'd be hearing it for most of the flight!

I have a current sensor on the Katana too and the 'battery critical' warning is triggered by the current sensor mAh reading (Cnsp) exceeding 2099 - which is probably a bit too late when flying with 2650mAh LiPos, but I also use a 3000mAh battery and whilst I never fly long enough to hear the 'critical' warning on the the 2650s I often do with the 3000s.

great, thanks John, found it

taranis_telemetry_p3.jpg

I'd seen the individual cell voltages on someone's YouTube vid, but couldn't figure out how to configure it. interesting that yours has A1 as the main number & I have Cells (with nothing configured for p3)

I have logical switches configured for Cell <3.8v & <3.6 - I might knock those down to 3.7 & 3.5. I have a Throttle %age timer configured as my main way of timing the flight - this is just as backup really. I might assign SH to tell me the LiPo voltage when I flick it too

the Amp meter & Cnsp is nice - I'm just a bit tight on space in a foam-e wot4's battery bay (I'm just playing on the bench at the moment))

the next few days' weather is looking rather good - are you likely to be out mid-week?

Andy

Posted by Bob Burton on 10/02/2015 08:47:31:

I would be interested to know how the setup is done to display individual cell voltages, particularly if nothing is connected to each individual cell in the Lipo....

the LiPo voltage sensor connects to the balance plug, so it does read individual cell voltages