Three-way

Tony Bennett

Traplet posted me the extra wooden parts needed and I've managed to source the extra Depron needed locally here.

Another oddity in the supplied parts (and the plan) is that the wooden wing fixing parts which take the T nuts and the nylon wing bolts have enormous holes. They're about 12mm in diameter. I'll make some new ones from 3mm birch ply - it'll add a little weight but not much, if any, as they're doubled up 3mm light ply anyway.

wing plates.jpg

This has the makings of a great little sport model and it's a credit to Tony for the design. I ordered the CNC cut wood/Depron kit because I thought all the Depron would be there and I don't keep it in stock. However, as you need to buy extra Depron anyway and, I assume some wood too, I would advise any fairly experienced plan builder not to bother with the CNC parts. The drawings are on 2 big sheets and nothing is really difficult to cut out so it's fairly straight forward (I hope!).

I'll start a new thread for my build so as not to clutter Tony's thread. I'll probably be referring to it myself from time to time.

Geoff

Advert