Three-way

Tony Bennett

Advert

It is a silly idea but I spend most of my time sitting on the silly chair with all my silly friends so it's fine by me. I bought a small Depron kit early last year, high wing then switchable to low wing. It was cheap, nasty and did not fly....at all. Can't remember what it was called but then again I'd rather forget anyway. Tony's looks the part already, have you thought about putting the plan to RCME ?

Liking it!

Since I almost totalled my Phoenix 2K on it's maiden, I am compelled to re-train my brain. So a trainer is called for, but I do fancy having a bipe as well. I had planned to do a Cub as I already have an almost similar shaped wing partly built. But an idea for a slow/STOL trainer/switchable/bipe thingy is excellent! I've got foam, I've got Gorilla and hot glue and now I've got the idea! Thanx Tony! thumbs up

Posted by Chuck Plains on 28/02/2015 10:32:56:

Liking it!

Since I almost totalled my Phoenix 2K on it's maiden, I am compelled to re-train my brain. So a trainer is called for, but I do fancy having a bipe as well. I had planned to do a Cub as I already have an almost similar shaped wing partly built. But an idea for a slow/STOL trainer/switchable/bipe thingy is excellent! I've got foam, I've got Gorilla and hot glue and now I've got the idea! Thanx Tony! thumbs up

HOw aboput the Aeromod Loadstar. APiper PA 18 to which an all metal constant chord lower wing has been added. See Janes 1968-69.

This is a great idea Tony. I have been thinking of doing something like this for my next model but three. I will be very interested to see what kind of issues you come up against, especially the effect of all that extra wing area when you switch it to biplane mode and how the CG works out.

It's great when someone else does your R&D for you.cheeky