Bungee reel, anyone?

After much hunting, I've found excellent surgical tubing at Hobby Lobby in the US - around £25 inc post for 100 feet. But I still can't find a suitable drum or reel, which needs to be about one foot diameter and hopefully has a winding handle. Can anyone suggest a source, or something which would do the job?

Advert

yo gunner got to a welders and ask have they a welding drum off a mig welder they are plastic and just the right size  /they usually throw them in the skip/they r great all you  have to do is put a handle on / i have one for my bunge good hunting iawnski

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I made my own lightweight spools from 1/2'' dowel and 1/8 birch ply, draw two circles on the ply with one at 3'' diam and the other at 10'' diam.

Cut out the disks to 10'' then mark out around the 3'' circle the position of drill holes every 30 degrees and drill to 1/2'', cut your dowels to whatever length you want and just assemble the spool, drill the centre and fit a piece of plastic pipe as a bearing then building the rest is easy.

On the subject of bungee launching what is the best angle for the ramp? about to build a lightweight version that can be disasembled but cant decide onn the best angle,

regards