PPM or PCM..or 2.4G

I live in France and belong to a local flying club who allow me to use my 35 meg set. Problem is sometimes I fly in a local field near a Chateaux that is maintained by the local council who I understand are still using 35 meg comms, consequently I got shot down twice with two different models.

I seem to have heard somewhere that using PCM can overcome problems of interference,  I have a field force 7 radio currently set on PPM.

My wife has offered to buy me a 2.4 gig radio but I also want a YAK 54 E, her words, Ya not getting both, so choose! Hence the dilemma.

Question! what would you guys do...Hope PCM works and buy the YAK or go for the 2.4 gig rig and persevere with existing plane, EDGE 540T electric (very twitchy compared with the YAK).

Advert

Timbo, you got me worried there for a sec so just had a look, happy to say it does have the CE stamp on it.

The club had a look yesterday no doubt they would have noticed and mentioned it if it didn't have a stamp. I would have bought it locally but at 249 euros (£195) it was a bit pricy, also they couldnt supply me with a mode 2 set hence the purchase from Ebay, cost £130 inc courier service.